Date: April 6, 2014
Speaker: Dr. Steve Elliott
Text: John 14:15-24
– “We don’t see things as they are. We see them as we are.” – Anais Nin (1903-1977)
Jesus Promises His Presence
Resurrection – John 14:18
Spirit – John 14:16
Visitation – John 14:12-14
Parousia – John 14:2-3
– “It is only by being in trouble that people understand how difficult it is to be the master of one’s feelings and thoughts.” – Anton Chekhov (1860-1904)
– Obedience is the only proof of love.
– “Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.” – I John 4:7-8
– If God is in you there ought to be love coming out of you.
– God wants to give you more than you can imagine: He wants to give you Himself. In a real sense that makes you and me extensions of His incarnation.
– In the last words of Jesus we find the first word for all manner of hope: we are not alone in this troubled world.
– By His Spirit, Jesus continues to reveal Himself to us.
All quotes by Dr. Steve Elliott unless otherwise noted.