Eyes Wide Shut
Date: February 9, 2014
Speaker: Dr. Steve Elliott
Quotes & Notes
– Atheism is no more a religion than “not skiing” is a hobby. Atheism is a choice not to believe in God… any god of any kind.
– “The Lord said to Moses: ‘I will raise up for them a prophet like you (like Moses) from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him. I myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name.’” – Deuteronomy 18:15
– When you’ve invested so much of yourself in a myth, how do you handle the truth? You put it to death.
– We make our own choices and decisions but know this: we are predestined to the consequences of our own choices and decisions.
– Do you wanna know where the line is so you don’t go over it and can still turn to Jesus maybe later, or, do you wanna know where the line is so you can live as recklessly close to it as possible and still keep your options open?
– Never settle… never settle for the safe life. Believe Him, trust Him and act on that trust.
– The hard heart always gets it wrong.
– Have you ever thought that unbelief is thinly disguised mistrust? God is speaking but we don’t trust him.