Where Are You Going?
Date: March 9, 2014
Speaker: Dr. Steve Elliott
Text: John 14:1-14
– When Peter asks Jesus “where are you going?” Jesus replies in terms of what he is going through. When Thomas asks the same question, Jesus answers in terms of what he is going to.
– “The days are not full enough and the nights are not long enough and time slips by like a field mouse not shaking the grass.” -e e cummings (1894 – 1962)
– Could it be we are to take our doubts to God and wait for Him to answer, rather than rehearse them over and over in our hearts, to our own spiritual detriment and discouragement?
– The inerrant Word of God is always totally truthful and totally trustworthy.
– “The only thing we take to heaven with us are our relationships.” – George MacDonald (1824 – 1905)
– We are going to a place and a person and isn’t it good to know, we won’t get lost on the way there. And what a relief it will be that it’s Jesus who comes for us.
All quotes by Dr. Steve Elliott unless otherwise indicated.