This Week @ FAC – December 20, 2015
December 18, 2015 at 3:18 pm Categories: This Week
December 23 – No Middle and High School life groups.
December 24 – Church Office Closed at Noon
December 24 – Christmas Eve Candlelight Services 4:00 & 5:30 pm: Self-service nursery.
December 25- January 1 – Church Office Closed
December 27 – 10:45 am Service Only
Childcare: Infant- Kindergarten will be available
Grades 1-12 in service.
If you would like to be a part of a community in the new year, consider joining a life group. Fill out a connection card and drop it in an offering plate if interested.
Middle School Lock-In
Friday, February 5, 8:00 pm – 8:00 am, FAC,
5th – 8th Graders, $10 cost
Registration is now open for the 2016 FAC Middle School Lock-In. Sign up on the middle school page of the church website, www.faclex.com.
Baby Boomers & Beyond Watchnight
Thursday, December 31, 8:30 pm – 12:00 am
Join us for fun, games, worship, and praying in the New Year. Contact Cheri Fouts for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Word Class
TODAY, 10:45 am, Lower Auditorium
Today’s Study: Beginning the study on Philippians
Today’s Teacher: Dan Boycott
In case of inclement weather, please check for service delay or cancellation information on TV channels 18, 27 or 36, radio station WJMM 99.1 FM, or the church website www.faclex.com.
During the Christmas holiday, the church office will be closed Friday, December 25 – Friday, January 1. If you have an emergency, please call (859)351-4625 and someone will be able to assist you.
Word for the Year 2016
Our church family word for 2016 is “building”. Be thinking of your personal word for the year.
Glad Tidings of the Season
- Our church family provided 70 Christmas dinners to families at Booker T. Washington Elementary, Wellington Elementary, and the Russell Cave Reading Program.
- Our church family provided gifts for 20 kids through Common Good.
- Our women collected $879.00 for Natalie’s Sisters, a work among trafficked women in Lexington.
- Our Secret Sisters group collected nonperishable food items for families at Booker T. Washington Elementary to help families feed their families over the Christmas break when they won’t have school provided breakfast and lunch.
Peru Application Deadline
The deadline to sign up for the 2016 Peru mission trip will be January 10th. Please contact Deb MacKay at email@example.com for more information.
Our condolences go out to Kevin Moore and his family on the passing of his brother, Steve Moore.
Baby Boomers & Beyond Gathering
Sunday, December 27, 6:00 – 7:30 pm
Join us for a time of songs, testimony, and prayer. Contact Cheri Fouts for more information.
Christmas Eve Offering
The Christmas Eve offering this year will go to the Kentucky Refugee Center; KY Rescue & Restore, an organization that provides resources to assist girls to get out of the sex trade industry; the Walkers, missionaries on furlough from Tanzania, as they await the birth of their baby.
As we approach the New Year, some of you may be looking for a good way to study your Bible. A couple of options we would suggest:
- thebibleproject.tumblr.com/readscripture (full bible)
- Mission119.org (full bible)
- Read Daily: 10 chapters in the New Testament; 5 chapters in Psalms; 1 chapter in Proverbs.