The Look that Took Part 2
November 30, 2014 at 10:45 am Categories: King David, Sermons
Date: November 30, 2014
Speaker: Dr. Steve Elliott
Text: II Samuel 11-12
– “Now these things occurred as examples to keep us from setting our hearts on evil things as they did.” – I Corinthians 10:6
– There are three things about the nature of our sin that we never want to accept: exposure, blame, and responsibility.
– The look that took took hold of him, but it also took from him.
The Look that Took…
- took his self-respect.
- took his public respect.
- took away the sovereignty he had over his own life.
- took the peace of his household.
- took his moral authority.
– “Just because God does not balance his check book every Thursday does not mean that He will never get around to it.” – Queen Victoria
– Sin has consequences that no amount of God’s forgiveness can undo.