The End of the Beginning
Date: February 2, 2014
Speaker: Dr. Steve Elliott
Text: John 12:20-33
Quotes & Notes:
– “Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.” – Winston Churchill
– Satan, the prince or ruler of this world as Jesus calls him here, is not omniscient.
– “When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us. He has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. And having disarmed the powers and authorities, God made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.” – Col. 2:13-15
– “I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they dreamed of so they can see that’s not the answer.” – Jim Carrey
– “Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is see, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.” – II Cor. 4:16-17
– What are we living for, that was worth Christ dying for?
– The self protecting life is a self defeating process that destroys the very life it seeks to protect. But the life that is open to God and responsive to God, enters into a life with the Son of God that is eternal.