September 18, 2016- Sermon: “What’s Missing” (Steve Elliott)
Text: Ephesians 2:1-10
Discussion Questions: Be sure to discuss questions from both categories (Growing Deep & Branching Out). Skip some from ‘Growing Deep’ if you are short on time (be sure to discuss #10)! Click here for more info about the purpose behind the questions.
1. When you think of good works, what crosses your mind?
2. What has been the biggest point of push back on the fact that all mankind is dead in sin?
3. Now for the juicy ones … Do you believe in the lostness of mankind?
4. Do you believe in the reality of the devil and demonic activity?
5. What do you think of the exclusiveness of the Gospel–that there is only one way to God?
6. What opinion you held was challenged or changed by this sermon?
7. Who has modeled a life of good works for you?
8. Who is your best example of living a life of grace among the people you know?
9. What are the relationships in your life–whether at home, at work, at school, etc–where lives of grace are least present and most needed?
10. Of the examples of Gospel presentations given, which was most helpful? Is there someone in your world that needs to hear the Gospel explained in that way? Would you be willing to share it with them?