May 14, 2017- Sermon: “A New Name for God” (Steve Elliott)
1. What is a fun bet you made that you won? (ie) I bet my grandma it was going to rain and it did, all over her!
2. What would be the kind of sacrifices you would find hard to do for God? (ie) go to the mission field and lose touch with family.
3. In your circle of relationships, who would you bet on that God would win big on?
4. Tell your group about someone you think that God has already won big on?
5. Who is someone you know who is not a high profile person who is doing wonderful things for God in the background of life? (ie) volunteering at a women’s shelter or fostering kids.
6. What are some of the anonymous or quiet ways you might be able to work for God that are non-typical? (ie) not a preacher but a person who encourages others.
7. Do you think of God a little differently after listening to this sermon? What changed for you?
8. Was there an ‘aha’ moment in the sermon for you?
9. What ‘just noticeable change’ might you make in your thinking or actions based on this sermon?