Life in the Storm
September 30, 2014 at 2:51 pm Categories: King David, News, Sermons
Date: September 28, 2014
Speaker: Dr. Steve Elliott
Text: I Samuel 30:1-25
– Life is littered with sudden and unexpected storms. And sometimes that storm is a person
– You should never mistake your weather for your climate.
– In a fallen world, there will always be another storm. It’s the way this fallen world works.
– David needed God in his storm as much as you and I need God in ours.
– A reaction is what you feel. A response is what you do with that reaction.
– Having never built the habits of the heart that change an understanding of God into a relationship with God, they flounder.
– Nothing can block the fulfillment of God’s explicit promises to him or to us, nor block God’s purposes for him, or for us.
– “Don’t be afraid. You are worth more than many sparrows.” – Matthew 10:31
– If you know God is with you, it changes how you view your storms and your challenges.
– It’s always how you prepare for the storm that determines how you weather it.
– When you come out of the storm, like David, you won’t be the same person who walked in.