January 22, 2017- Sermon: “Local Boy Does Good…Too Good” (Steve Elliott)
1. What was a big success in your childhood you wish you could revisit?
2. Who was a person in your childhood who believed in you? How did they show it?
3. Share with your group a time when you felt rejected as a child. Where or how did you find consolation for that?
4. If you had an important success today who would you like to share it with? Why that person?
5. Look back as far as you can (5, 10, 20, 30 years?) and share with your group one opinion or disposition that has changed in you. What precipitated that change?
6. If you went back to a high school reunion who would you want to avoid?
7. Where is your ‘hometown’ where you feel you cannot get the respect or honor you warrant?
8. What was one ‘aha moment’ in the sermon for you?
9. What is one ‘take away thought’ that might lead to a just noticeable change in your everyday life?
10. Will you ever look at a grocery clerk the same!?