February 5, 2017- Sermon: “A Great Day for Fishing” (Steve Elliott)
1. Who in your circle or relationships models what you think is the life of a sound and devoted disciple of Jesus? Why them and what are the things that stand out that make you think that about them?
2. When was a time you thought God was speaking especially to you? What do you think He was telling you?
3. God spoke to Peter through the language of fish. What do you think is your language that God might speak through to lead or guide you?
4. What do you think God is saying to you in this season of your life?
5. Was there an ‘aha’ moment in the sermon? What was it and why did it capture your attention?
6. Do you think that it is harder for you because of your life circumstance to be a devoted disciple of Jesus than it is for others? Why is that, do you think?
7. Have you ever had to ‘leave your boat on the shore’? Share that story with your group.
8. What is one small, just noticeable change you might make in light of this sermon.