December 18, 2016- Sermon: “Have Yourself A Very Little Christmas” (Steve Elliott)
1. Share with your group one of your favorite Christmas memories.
2. If you were somebody in the original Advent story, who do you think would you be? Why them?
3. Has God made a promise to you that you are still waiting on? What holds your hope in place?
4. Is there a “little person” that you have in your circle of relationships that you think will make a bigger difference in the future than others might suspect? What gives you that confidence?
5. Who has modeled ‘child-likeness’ for you? Share with your group an example of that?
6. Does the coming of Christmas bring you (a) anxiety (b) pressure (c) expectation (d) wonder (e) other. Choose one and explain your answer.
7. What is the one big expectation out there in your Christmas that you dread? How do you think you can address it/handle it?
8. How would you like God to use you this Christmas?
9. What was the “aha” moment for you in the sermon (if there was one!)?
10. What is one small, just noticeable change you think you might make because of hearing this sermon?