Backpacks for Wellington Elementary
March 6, 2018 at 1:05 pm Categories: News
First Alliance would like to send backpacks full of various food items home with 50 students from Wellington Elementary School. If you would like to participate in this project, fill a backpack with the list of suggested items below. We will collect the backpacks for the next 3 Sundays, but the deadline to bring yours is March 25.
- Boxes of cereal – individual servings
- Individual cups of applesauce, fruit, or pudding
- Individually wrapped snack items – snack crackers, granola bars, microwave popcorn, cookies, instant oatmeal
- Juice boxes
- Pop Tarts or cereal bars
- Ramen noodles
- Shelf-stable milk boxes
- Single serving meal cups – Chef Boyardee, Easy Mac, or Hormel Compleats
Things to Consider:
- No glass containers
- Only include non-perishable food to eliminate food safety and storage problems.
- Foods that are ready to eat or require little to no cooking.