June 1, 2014 at 10:45 am Categories: King David, Sermons
Date: June 1, 2014
Speaker: Dr. Steve Elliott
Text: I Samuel 13:1-15
– Saul always seems to act upon his own authority rather than out of communion or communication with God.
– Patient: From the Latin pati which means, “to suffer.”
– “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” – Carl Jung
– “A waiting person is a patient person. The idea in patience is the willingness to stay where we are and live the situation out to the full in the belief that God has something hidden there that will manifest Himself to us.” – Henri Nouwen (1932-1996)
– The Issues in Saul’s Disobedience: Trust, Taking the things of God carelessly, Fear
– Saul’s great Achilles heel: what do people think of him?
– Love can wait for the one it loves.
– Samuel mourns because that’s what God is doing while all this is going on.