The Christian and Missionary Alliance Statement of Faith
First Alliance is part of the the Christian and Missionary Alliance denomination. Learn more about the beliefs, history, and mission of the C&MA at the national website.
- There is one God, who is infinitely perfect, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ is true God and true man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died on the cross, arose from the dead, and is now at the right hand of God. He will come again to establish His kingdom.
- The Holy Spirit is a divine Person, sent to indwell, guide, teach, empower the believer, and convince the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgement.
- The Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice.
- Man was originally created in the image and likeness of God; he fell through disobedience, incurring physical and spiritual death. All men are born with a sinful nature, are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all men, and those who repent and believe in Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become the children of God.
- It is the will of God that each believer should be filled with the Holy Spirit.
- Prayer for the sick and anointing with oil are taught in the Scriptures and are privileges for the Church in this present age.
- Christ is the head of the church, which has been commissioned by Him to go into all the world as a witness, preaching the gospel to all nations.
- There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just and of the unjust; for the former, a resurrection unto life; for the latter, a resurrection unto judgement.
- The Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent and will be personal, visible, and premillennial. This is the believer’s blessed hope and is a vital truth which is an incentive to holy living and faithful service.