A Parade of Tears
April 13, 2014 at 10:45 am Categories: Sermons
Date: April 13, 2104
Speaker: Dr. Steve Elliott
Text: Luke 19:28-44
– For Jesus, this impromptu parade has an unmissable meaning. But for them, it’s mostly about the chocolate.
– “Say to the daughter of Zion: ‘see your king comes to you, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.’” – Zechariah 9:9
– “As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it.” – Luke 19:41
– Where are our choices taking each of us? Because choices have consequences. Our choices determine our destination.
– “When a great moment knocks on the door of your life, it is often no louder than the beating of your heart, and it is very easy to miss it.” -Boris Pasternak (1890 – 1960)
– Could it be that our deep disappointments with God are not due to God not living up to His billing, but us wanting him to be only what we want him to be?
– Whatever it is that you hold back, whatever it is in this moment that you would want to shelter from his asking, that is the growing edge of where your faith needs to grow next.